Activities & Services Category: Local produce
Les Vignerons de Buzet: a cooperative winery Inspired by Nature!
Les Vignerons de Buzet is the union of a group of men and women who sought to forge their own destiny and offer a strong identity to their terroir and its wine. Created in the heart of south-west France more than half a century ago (1953), Les Vignerons de Buzet now brings together nearly 200 winegrowers who cultivate 1,870 hectares of vines. For over ten years it has demonstrated a strong commitment to sustainable development.
The cooperative produces and sells red, rosé and white wines, all based on one fundamental philosophy: to make good clean wine, at the best price for the consumer, under optimal conditions for those for whom it is their livelihood, with the greatest respect for both Man and Nature :
- Protected species reintroduced into the vineyard (the little owl, the Agen tulip)
- Vegetation planted between the rows of vines to act as a natural soil improver
- Protecting the bees
- Zero chemical fertilizer anywhere in the vineyard
All the wines are the product of this responsible commitment. Not only the wines certified as:
- BEE FRIENDLY
but also those without added sulfites, the Domaine and Château wines and all the other wines produced by Les Vignerons de Buzet.
Free wine-tasting in the winery shop. A shop that is accessible to everyone.
- Guided tour of the winery: Monday to Saturday, throughout the year. From September to June, advance booking required. In July and August at 10:30 am and 4:00 pm. Duration 1hr 30 min. Price: €4 per person, free for those under 18 years. A fascinating visit behind the scenes to discover the secrets of wine-making.
- Guided walk through the vines followed by a wine-tasting and an opportunity to sample other local products: July and August only, every Wednesday. Duration: 2 hr 30 min. Price: €6 per person, free for those under 18 years.
Name of Business: Cave coopérative
Nearest river or canal: Canal de Garonne, Baïse