The Maison de la Haute-Garonne in Port-Lauragais – Comité Départemental du Tourisme de la Haute-Garonne : Aire de Port-Lauragais 31290 Avignonet-Lauragais -Tel : 05 61 81 69 46
Located by the canal du Midi, forty kilometres away from Toulouse towards the Mediterranean sea, The Comité Départemental du Tourisme of Haute-Garonne invites you to discover the local specialities and know- how of its territory.
The Maison de la Haute-Garonne in Port-Lauragais offers visitors:
- A shop with a wide range of local gastronomic products and handicrafts
- A Tourist Information Point: Information and personalized advice, ticketing, accommodation and holiday booking… You’ll find many ideas of places to visit, cultural and sport activities to discover Haute-Garonne ‘département’ and the canal du Midi. We organize day trips in Lauragais and canal du Midi area for groups.
- Canal du Midi exhibition: Thanks to the educational panels, the 200m²exhibition allows you to discover all you have to know about this water way built during the 17th century, from the project to its exploitation. We have a document in English to help you visit the exhibition. Free entrance. A guided tour for groups is possible on reservation.
In Port-Lauragais, you can also rent a boat … or wander along the canal… you will never look at it the same way again.
- The exhibition has earned the “Tourism and Disabilities” brand related to people with physical and mental disabilities. The shop of local products is accessible to people with mobility impairment.
- The Maison de la Haute-Garonne offers services to cyclists (accommodation, bike rental and repair, Tourist offices, places to visit).
- Tourist Information Point and shop: All year long, every day from 10 am to 5 pm or 9 am to 7 pm according to season
- Exhibition: from May to September, every day from 10 am to 6 pm. Open all year round for groups (book in advance).
GPS address : 43.353821, 1.8040809
How to get there:
- By the A61, 45 kms away from Toulouse towards the Mediterranean sea, between Villefranche and Castelnaudary exits.
- By the road D813, follow the CD80 in Avignonet.
- By the cycling track along the canal du Midi.
Tel: +33 (0)5 61 81 69 46Name of Business: Maison de La Haute-Garonne /Comité Départemental du Tourisme de la Haute-GaronneAddress: Port Lauragais
FranceNearest river or canal: canal du Midi
Tel: +33 (0)5 61 81 69 46
Nearest river or canal: canal du Midi