How it works.
Canalfriends’ BoatStop enables participants to discover canal and river navigation by accompanying boat owners on their journeys.
If you are a boat owner, you may offer a BoatStop by completing the following steps:
- Join the site Canalfriends.com
- Make sure you have an insurance policy that allows you to offer a BoatStop
- Post your ad on the site by clicking on this link: BoatStop offer
- Inform the passenger of the conditions, rules to abide by as well as the contribution requested in the listing and before they board the boat
- You can refuse access to your boat at any time, if you consider that this may endanger yourself, the passenger or your boat.
- The contribution must remain low to be consistent with the collaborative spirit of BoatStop: convivial meetings, sharing experiences and expenses. For example, a contribution to expenses may be a participation in meals, fuel costs, …
- Reply quickly to enquiries received by mail or phone
- Make sure that passengers are over 18 years.
- Send all the necessary details (place, date and exact time, type of clothing recommended, equipment allowed / bikes…)
You would like to discover sailing with BoatStop :
- Register on the site.
- Select the listing of your choice by clicking this link:
- Contact the boat owner directly and ask for further details.
- Agree to respect the owner’s terms and conditions for safety and conduct on board.
- Agree on the nature of your contribution and participation.
- Be on time at meeting point : BoatStop is not a cruise, therefore you must adapt to the boat owner’s itinerary, stops and timetables .
- Review: after the BoatStop, leave your review on Canalriends.com.
Free Advice service